Kirby Morgan® – Full Face Mask, M-48 Mod-1 (Without Pod)
The M-48 MOD-1 is the next generation of the popular original M-48 mask.
It still features the unique 2-cavity design. This allows the lower pod to be removed while topside to conserve air, and allows normal speech while diving. It may also be used with a variety of different communication systems.
The lower pod is also removable under water to allow making gas switches, and to share gas in the event of an emergency. The evolution of the mask has given way to a dramatic increase in visibility, an improved buckle system, 5 leg straps, a mechanical equalizing device, and a variety of options for mounting external components, (lights, cameras etc.).
All of the components have been strengthened to bring this mask to a commercial level of ruggedness you will not find in ANY other lightweight full face mask. Future innovations for the mask are underway and because this mask has many available mounting options, it will be able to accept new components by Kirby Morgan®, thus making it truly MODULAR.
- Jaw FrameHigh Performance/Impact Engineering Thermoplastic frame for lasting durability
- Mount TabsAdditional mounting tabs for mounting cameras and lights
- Nose PinchBreathing Equalizer
- Plastic/ Metal BucklesImproved buckle system adjusts 5 leg straps
- Threaded InsertsFor future product attachment or mounting Brass 10-24 UNC 3/8″ Depth
- Twin LensTempered glass for increased visibility
The M48 MOD 1 do not come with regulators. This depends on the POD chosen. The customer need to choose a POD.