Kirby Morgan® – BandMask® 18 DIVING HELMET w/MWPC (500-026)
The Fully Tested And Certified BandMask® 18 May Be Used In Mixed Gas Diving As Well As Shallow Water Air Diving.
The SuperFlow® adjustable demand regulator provide low inhalation resistance and high gas flow letting the diver breathe easier and work harder. This mask comes standard with the large tube SuperFlow® 350 regulator.
The Side Block Assembly of both the BandMask® 18 and 28 receives the umbilical over the shoulder in the B configuration. They both come standard with the Tri-Valve® exhaust system, and the new BandMask® BandKeepers®.
The Tri-Valve® Exhaust System has less breathing resistance than the older single valve exhaust. It retrofits to all previous Kirby Morgan BandMasks®. The BandMask® BandKeepers®, coupled with the redesigned hood, not only prevent any separation of the hood from the mask, but also make it impossible for the bands to separate from the mask.
The communications connections can be either a male waterproof “plug in” type or bare wire posts.The BandMask® 28 is very similar to the BandMask® 18. Many parts on the BandMask® 18B are interchangeable with the BandMask® 28B. The major difference between the 18 and 28 is the material of the mask frame. The BandMask® 18 has a hand laid fiberglass frame (yellow) while the BandMask® 28B frame is an extremely durable injection molded plastic (black). The relative ease of production of the BandMask® 28 frame allows for a lower cost and quicker delivery of this mask. Other differences include: 1) The main exhaust body of the BandMask® 28 is part of the frame itself and uses a #545-041 main exhaust cover 2) no comfort insert is required on the “28” 3) the face ports for the 18 and the 28 differ slightly in size.
- SuperFlow® 350 Regulator. This all metal, fully adjustable, Commercial Rated™ demand regulator provides easy breathing and excellent performance with low pressure compressors.
- Air Train. The air train diffuses incoming breathing air/gas onto the face port/lens to defog and ventilate.
- Defogging Steady Flow Valve. Provides an additional flow of gas into the helmet for ventilation and defogging.
- Emergency (EGS) Valve. Supplies backup breathing gas to the diver
- Communications. Communications are “non-modular” (like the SuperLite 17B helmet). When ordered with male waterproof connector (for 4 wire communications), the mask also includes bare wire posts. When ordered with bare wire posts (for 2 wire communications), the port for the mwp connector is plugged.
- Gas Supply Non-Return Valve. Commercial Rated™, Prevents loss of gas pressure in the event of umbilical damage.
- Nose Block Device. Allows the diver to block the nose to equalize ears.
- Head Harness (Spider). Keeps the mask in place on the divers head. The neoprene rubber spider has adjustment holes for varying the tension of the harness.
- Side Block. Multi use side block has additional ports built in to provide controlled air flow, if needed.
- Silicone Oral Nasal Mask. Made of a superior silicone material which is hypo-allergenic and has a longer work life than latex.
- Stainless Steel Bands. Bands hold the Hood/Face seal in place on the mask frame. They also provide the mounting studs for the Head Harness (Spider).
- Tri-Valve® Exhaust With Whisker Wings. Retrofits to many previous Kirby Morgan Helmets and BandMasks®, has less breathing resistance than the older single valve exhaust while providing an extremely dry hat. The Tri-Valve® Exhaust is made of a chemical resistant compound.
See more information on KMDSI website : https://www.kirbymorgan.com/products/bandmasks/bandmask-18
TO PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT, YOU MUST CONTACT US AT +1.418.731.1539 OR EMAIL [email protected]